Understanding and Administrating an Estate Plan
What Happens When A Loved One Dies?
• Trustee Responsibility & Liability: What duties must the Trustee fulfill
and how to shield the Trustee from liability
• Taking Action: What steps need to be taken to begin the process of
administering the Trust set up by the deceased.
• Stages: What are the different stages of the Trust Administration
• Pitfalls: What are the most common pitfalls facing Trustees/Executors
• Role of the Attorney: Is an attorney necessary to help facilitate the
Trust Administration process, and how they may be able to help.
• Timing: The law requires the trustee to act within a very short timeframe, what actions have time constraints